Recently, the eldercare industry has witnessed a technological revolution in nurse call signaling. Gone are the days when the nurse call system consisted simply of a button on a cord, incandescent corridor lights, and a central annunciator panel at the nurses’ station that employed a screeching buzzer that startled and irritated staff, visitors and patients alike.
Unconstrained by the rigorous certification and code requirements of the acute care industry, nurse call manufacturers’ in eldercare have been free to design and create modern affordable nurse call systems that incorporate technology to improve resident-to-staff communications, staff-to-staff communications, and permit freedom of movement for facility residents.
The eldercare industry has many types of residents to care for, including independent living, assisted living, memory care, and even skilled care. There is no “one-size-fits-all” nurse call solution. However, the best eldercare nurse call manufacturers have incorporated products and services into their call system solutions to address these diverse needs.
Some Options to Consider
- Wireless: Wireless signaling is now so reliable, flexible and sustainable that it eliminates the costs associated with the installation and maintenance of hard wires into resident rooms for call stations, bath stations, motion detectors, window/door monitoring and many other resident call devices.
- Reporting: Data about each resident, caregiver, shift, and level of care is delivered straight to your computer. Monitor resident call volumes, response times, services performed and much more with visually appealing and easy-to-use charts and graphs.
- Pendant Locating: Advanced Locating Protocol (ALP) allows staff to identify the exact location of a calling resident anywhere in or around the facility.
- Pretty Pendants: Colorful, attractive, lightweight, and waterproof pendants worn by residents that are available in various patterns and designs to please the customer.
- Water-Resistant Pull Cords: This common call device is now water-resistant, non-absorbent, anti-bacterial and fully supervised to let caregivers know of a failure before it occurs.
- Flexible Bedside Devices: Multiple call cord options allow each resident to choose the type of call cord that meets their individuals needs and preferences.
- Advanced Communications: Two-way voice communication allows residents to contact caregivers and staff on their mobile devices using the facility’s WiFi system. This allows caregivers to view the name, location, picture and other detailed information about the calling resident.
- Care Activity Tracking: Embrace executive initiatives and increase billings by getting accurate and up-to-date tracking information about the care services provided by staff, including basic care, housekeeping, medicine, assistive services, and much more.
- Sconce Lighting: Attractive and stylish wall sconces can now be furnished (even retrofitted) in place of the institutional-looking traditional dome light in the resident corridor.
- Smoke Alarm Integration: Get notified immediately of the location of a fire so that staff can act quickly to extinguish the flames and/or evacuate residents.
- Fall Management: Unique fall monitoring options alert the correct caregiver so that they can quickly react to fall incidents.
- Wander Integration/Door Monitoring: The call system can now be integrated to the facility’s wander system so caregivers can be notified of patient wandering, including the door location and the resident’s ID, making it easier to respond quickly.
- Integration: Resident call systems can now be integrated with computers, tablets, paging, two-way radio, text messaging, smartphones, and central station monitoring.
- Remote Support: Support technicians are now able to access, diagnose and often perform repairs and/or updates to the nurse call system from outside the facility. This reduces both system down-time and the labor costs associated with an on-site service call.
Indeed, the eldercare industry is undergoing a technological shift in nurse call signaling. This means that top caregivers now have the tools they need to improve the lives of their seniors by providing better care and better communications with them.
Healthcare Solutions from Comm-Tronics
Comm-Tronics serves healthcare organizations in Maryland, Delaware, Washington DC and Northern Virginia. Our local dedicated sales and service teams are available to assist with any communication or security challenge. Our goal is to help make your job a little easier. For more information on our services, give us a call at (800) 759-7087 or contact us online. For more healthcare tips, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Thank you for visiting.
For a complete list of our products click HERE
Comments, suggestions, testimonials? Click HERE