When evaluating the safety and comfort of your patients, a crucial component of your care to consider is the pillow speaker. Pillow speakers are nurse call system devices that essentially provide patients with safety and comfort when they are confined to a bed. Pillow speakers are used to call nurses, control the television, actuate room lights, and more, all from the comfort and safety of the bed. The pillow speaker is the most important contact the patient has to the nurse call system.
Despite the importance of the pillow speaker to the patient, it is often an overlooked or taken for granted component of the nurse call system. Here at Comm-Tronics, we’ve put careful consideration into all of the products we offer so you don’t have to. Our pillow speaker of choice is the West-Com Elite pillow speaker. This pillow speaker offers several advantages that other brands overlook.
Easy to Operate
The West-Com Elite pillow speaker is specially designed with the patient in mind. Here are just some of the features that distinguish West-Com from other brands:
- Large buttons combined with clear, comprehensible symbols and bright colors are easy for patients to decipher.
- The distance between the TV button and the Nurse Call button makes it less likely that the patient will accidentally call the nurse when attempting to operate the television. This decreases the amount of accidental nurse call requests, keeping nurses less distracted and more on schedule.
- Braille labeling on the Nurse Call and TV buttons make the pillow speaker more accessible for patients with poor vision.
- Buttons for Nurse Call, TV, Lights, Toilet, Pain Med, Curtains, Water, and even a headphone jack are all popular options, which gives patients more control from their bed and directs patient calls to the appropriate staff member.
- Superior, full-range sound makes the West-Com Elite pillow speaker excellent for quality voice communications with the healthcare staff.
- A linen clip attached to the cable keeps the pillow speaker securely attached to the bed linen, ensuring that the patient will be able to reach their pillow speaker at all times.
Comm-Tronics is so confident that the West-Com Elite pillow speaker is superior to all others that we are willing to provide a FREE unit to your hospital, regardless of which nurse call manufacturer you use. Just contact us for details on how to receive your FREE pillow speaker.
Check back with us on a future blog to see even more reasons we prefer the West-Com Elite pillow speaker!
Healthcare Solutions from Comm-Tronics
Comm-Tronics serves healthcare organizations in Maryland, Delaware, Washington DC and Northern Virginia. Our local dedicated sales and service teams are available to assist with any communication or security challenge. Our goal is to help make your job a little easier. For more information on our services, give us a call at (800) 759-7087 or contact us online. For more healthcare tips, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Thank you for visiting.
For a complete list of our products click HERE
Comments, suggestions, testimonials? Click HERE